Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Travelog: Busan & Seoul

Morning everyone in MCO/circle breaker!

I guessed things getting better after the talk so I'm not going to emotional or whatsoever, here I am sharing my trip to South Korea in 2018! I haven't really write about my trips after so many hoo-haa (or just my laziness to sort out some of the pictures to post, you know, I don't really like to sort thing out quickly LOL), so I'm right now sharing it no matter what. wth

Writing this entry with some Cafe music (Relaxing Jazz & Bossa Nova music) I found in YouTube (YT helped a lot of ma music choices, you know), is kinda relax and chill for me to think and think with happy mode. Trust me I'm no longer gonna think so much about thing, as you said monolog! NOPE! Ok, stop dragging, let's start with the flow. (Note: a long post with nothing informative except my own sharing purposes LOLOL)

I went South Korea with Shin in 2018 and that's was a random thought of going travel to get rid of all the stress around me (apparently it works but somehow HAHAHA, you know it!), so we chose South Korea as our destination. 

One of the reason we chose South Korea as our destination is that both of us had discussed and wanted to go there many years ago, but it always end up with none! So, without any hesitation, we gone to South Korea that year. 

First, we sat bus to KLIA and trust me, we were so stressed out because we are running out of time (our fault of not considering the stopping time in KLIA 2). Once the bus stopped at KLIA, we ran to the counter and checked everything in, JUST IN TIME! Can you imagine how stressed out we were that day, and that was my second time step into KLIA in my whole life (Nope! Don't judge me!).

We sat on the airport sofa and waiting to depart.

It's kinda joke for me the entire flight. I had split juice on my pants and damn, I had a wet pants for the entire 8 hours flight to Seoul. Can you freaking imagine how clumsy I am? I kinda want to hide my face with my blanket except blanket was all wet as well damnn!

Reached Seoul in the morning and we bought a ticket to go Busan by their infamous bullet train. We had different seat arrangement, so yeap, my luck gave me a handsome oppa sitting right in front of me!

The very first stop we went was fish market, to get the fresh live octopus that I always wanted to try!

Jagalchi Fish Market (자갈치시장) - I can't remember which fish market but I guess this is the one we went, if not I can say their fish market looks quite the same for all. 

LIVE OCTOPUS
I freaking love it!

To be honest, it is not as scary as what actually have seen in the documentary. Yes, you can choke/die with it but hello, if you eat it carefully it is alright! 

The tentacle was really strong in my mouth and I can really feel the thing suck my lip so hard. I was really scare initially, but the more I try the more I love how it sucks on my lips. It's so fresh with either the lived or cooked one. And the sauce was marvelous!! Okay,  I can be exaggerated about it but you will never know if you don't try it. 

Shin was pretty scare of it but she still tried it anyway. Don't really like? But try it at least *thumb up*.

  SCALLOP

The scallop were so-so in my opinion (in my memory it wasn't really fancy lah). So, can skip this!

Basically there is nothing to fancy about on the fish market if you are not really a seafood person, I am seafood person just kinda like nothing I love there except the live octopus that make me happy of. LOLOLOLOL

The fish market looks like this and we went there around 4pm so most of the stall starting to clear off and it was quite dark already. This is the disadvantage about late autumn, you get lesser day time and more night time instead. I don't really like it coz it feels like my day pass so fast and dark!

 Fishcake, Eomuk or Odeng 어묵(오뎅)

Honestly this is totally tasteless but the soup is a boom! We have free flow soup for this but is kinda weird to ask for more, so no second round. I wish to have more soup than this eomuk lah.

The taste is all in the soup you know!

So coincidentally there is Busan International Film Festival going on there. I have no idea what is that, but a picture to tell the story. LOLOL

 Tteok-bokki (떡볶이)

It is my all-time-favourite, and you know what we had this like every single day. Oh! Also the Gimbap (김밥) !

Love it

After the walk, we planned to go visit the Busan tower in the freezing cold night, crazy but it totally not-cold at all because we need to climb like 123355748759438 stairs just to see that freaking tower that look like the picture below.

HAHAHAHAHA
 Can you see how many stairs we need to climb before we get to see the precious tower?

 The precious tower that look like this!

LOL

But it worth the climb coz we will not feel so cold anymore, exercise before you get to eat more in the future. Not bad huh!

 Selfie will do.

Spot the mask I was wearing? That's sis bought in Korea the week before we went to Busan. Is really convenience and cute lah (bear you know HAHAHA)
The first look - both of us look so tired but it's fun still!

This is like what 6pm in the evening (?) wth, the day gone dark damn freaking fast until we were so lost with the time already.

Quickly pack up and headed to get our dinner afterward.
The infamous KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN chikin (치킨)

And this was my next day breakfast as well. Damn big portion ok!

One thing that I don't like about South Korea is that you can't just order one and share, there is minimum spending in every single restaurant. My suggestion is to travel with more than 2 people, coz everything will be too big portion for only 2 persons.

Gimbap (김밥)

I will never say no to this, like eat it every single day, especially with Tteok-bokki sauce, heaven!

The next day, we went to Gamcheon Cultural Village, Busan.
It is a MUST to pay a visit at this place.

How to go? My sense of direction always bad so Shin is the one that guide the place and I Googled about it so this directory is all from Google coz the one we had I think I don't know how to go until today lah (you know I'm not the one that lead the direction always).

Toseong Station 토성역 
Exit 6 turn right until you will see the bus stop in front of the hospital.
Look out for bus number 2 or 2-2 (clearly stated "Gamcheon Village" in the English on the side) >> Gamcheon Cultural Village/Gamcheon Elementary School.

To be honest, this is all Google information and I have no idea how I reached there just like this. I remembered the station but bus was like wow! Did I hopped into a bus before I reach there? No idea...

A beautiful staircase in the station, I think is the Toseong Station 토성역 



Gamcheon Cultural Village, Busan, South Korea!

Basically this village is formed by houses built in staircase-fashion on the foothills of a coastal mountain, and the village has the nickname of "Machu Picchu of Busan" (wow! I never know that, thanks Google). There are many murals and sculptures created by the residents.


and is a must to take picture with all these building behind you.

No joke, there is long queue when you want to have a nice picture of it.

The infamous "Little Prince" to see in Gamcheon Cultural Village, and there is a queue to get to him (taking picture with the murals/statues facing toward the colourful buildings). You can get lots of merchandise about this little prince.

I read this book before but sorry not a fans of it. I guess there is something I can learn in this book but somehow I don't get it still. Nevermind, I shall read it again the next time I have a feeling to it.

"I'm flying into the SKY above the floor"

and suggested to just taking a nice picture of me with the balloon coz it's so embarrassing that everyone looking at us weirdly.

I love all their creation in this village, everything is so colourful and artistic.

Imma not an artistic person but this somehow make me feel happy and joyful.



All kind of big mirror like this in the village and tbh I'm really so tired of climbing here and there.
The weather kinda cozy yet warm at the same time.

I'm sweating inside but cold at the outside wth.

Some 3D kinda art


It's autumn you see!


I love anything in autumn (as I said we went there in Nov 2018, is late autumn or winter and it snow the day after we touched down Malaysia T___T)


The Little Prince and Fox





Door we pass by

The village was really big until we need to run here and there just to get a nice spot. There are many photos which I have yet to collect from Shin lah.. But basically is like climbing a hill for 2 to 3 hours, can you imagine that?

I'm hungry throughout the climb!

The Korean Beef!

I usually don't eat beef in Malaysia but I tried in overseas and this is VERY GOOD AND JUICY!

And I think this is the shop we found there (or we done the research? WHATEVER!), and sorry I forgot the name of it.

You can just randomly go in a shop coz basically all shop served very authentic Korean food.

Look at how the beef being BBQ! OMG

This was not a cheap meal but SATISFACTION! I really wish to go there and have the Korean Beef again! It's really soft and juicy and... you must go there and try yourself.


And they also serve the best cold noodle I'd never had in my life.

I don't usually have cold noodle because it's taste weird most of the time but this completely change my perspective on cold noodle! It's so refreshing and COLD.

I love it.

After the meal, it's almost night time (again, this is like what 6pm or 5pm I think LOLOL) and we went to the bridge.

Busandaegyo Bridge (or some other bridge)

Sorry bridge, I'm not obsessing with bridge. Every bridge looks the same to me but it's pretty lah! It looks like the bridge I saw in Sydney and Melbourne too.

Don't blame me on my bad recognition on bridges.
  
Oily face but still satisfied with it. LOLOL

Good hair day I guessed.


Construction is going on at the other side of the bridge. I don't know, just describe by looking at the picture I took. 100 pictures with the same scenery duh!

HAHAHAHA!


AND AGAIN OUR DINNER/SUPPER ALWAYS END UP WITH THIS TTEOKBOKKI AND GIMBAP, it's ended our day nicely with both of them.

I can really have this all by my life. So yum! If someone told me Korean food is suck, you have no taste (LOLOL).

This was only first two days in Busan, South Korea.

I miss the places and travel so much OMAIGGGOODD!

I'll continue blogging the rest of my day (5 or 6 days) in South Korea in the next blog entry. wth!

By the time being, please stay at home during this MCO/circle break season and together we fight for the virus! 

KTHXBYE LOLOLOLOL

PS: no proofreading so bare with mistake 

No comments:

Post a Comment