Monday, April 20, 2020

Dear BLOG | Dad says

Hello!

Feel to type something out to cope with my boredom during the MCO days, so I came out with these series of dad says.

My dad was not good in expressing himself but when he did, he is pretty funny you know. I don't used to talk to him tbh but when we talked, it all about thing that are irrelevant about life or whatsoever. Random stuff you know!

Dad says...

When he is going out to fetch some fresh food from my aunt...

Dad: So, I'm going to get the foods now

Me: *panic while asking him to get masks* take masks and don't touch your face and mouth, don't touch your mask either.

Dad: *showing me the way of he doing the masking thing* like this right? like this right? *panic also*

Somehow I feel this is so cute of my dad. He will repeat a lot same things but somehow I really feel so funny. (Don't judge ok)


When we were playing mahjong together with mom...**we speak different language every time we communicate*

Me: 我要给多少? (So how much should I pay?)

Mom: 40 cents to me and 20 cents to dad (again don't judge, we small play only. For entertainment purposes)

Dad: Yi 40 cents, gua 20 cents (She *pointing at mom* 40 cents, and I 20 cents)

Me: ??? What? I don't understand why 40 cents (obviously in Mandarin) to mom and 20 cents to you?

Dad: *Panic* Ngam lah, yi 40 cents , gua 20 cents

Me: ??? *I still blur lah obviously coz they always make me blur when come to this counting time, too many pattern and changing all the time LOL*

Dad: 你给我40 cents,给妈咪 20 cents, 因为没有飞!!!!!!!!!

Obviously dad thought I don't understand Hokkien, so he translated the whole thing in Mandarin to me and Hokkien to my mom!! I cannot stand how funny is he!

Mom and I were laughing non-stop on his reaction, because he too want to express the words until he like ok whatever I just explain any language that you both understand lah!

PS: Yes.. Everyone speaks different language in my house and somehow we understand each other well. Mom only speaks English with us, the kids and Hokkien to my dad, and Dad only speak Mandarin to us and Hokkien to my mom. Bro speaks English with mom and Mandarin for the rest of us, me and sis only speaks Mandarin to every single person in our house. Complicated? Yes, kinda but we coped it well all these years lah.

Also when we were playing Mahjong...

Dad: Gua Bo Lui liao (I no money to pay already)

Mom: Yi satu round lah, bo zai lu eh yi leh (Play one more round lah, maybe you will win leh)

Dad and me: ok

Dad won!

Dad: Hehe! Yi liao Yi liao (win already) *the biggest smile he gave throughout the whole entire game time*

Then the next round...

Dad: Gua mai yi liao la...shu ka liao (I don't want play anymore, always lost) *move away*

Then my mom told me he told her that he lost all his money today, so sad....

AWWWW!! Why ma dad so cute one?

He always so cute when he smile but he not often laugh or smile also LOLOLOL...


I think that's enough for a laugh, more to come next time I blogged again.

No comments:

Post a Comment